- Public Works
- Trash & Recycling
- Hazardous Waste & Electronics
Hazardous Waste & Electronics
At Your Door Household Hazardous Waste & Electronic Waste Collection Service
Residents in Lower Macungie Township, who are included on the township's waste contract, now have access to a convenient service to properly dispose and recycle household hazardous waste (HHW) safely, easily and responsibly. These items include:
- Automotive products
- Compact fluorescent lamps (CFL)
- Electronics (E-Waste)
- Garden chemicals
- Household cleaners
- Paints and more
This program now being offered by Waste Management (WM) is called "WM At Your Door" and allows residents to schedule a collection of HHW and E-Waste conveniently from your doorstep! This service is in addition to your waste and recycling service provided by Waste Management. To participate, you must set up a collection appointment. There are two easy ways to schedule a collection:
- Visit the WM At Your Door website
- Call: 800-449-7587
For more information, view the WM At Your Door Community Flyer (PDF) sent to residents and view a couple of introductory informational videos on how to prepare your materials:
- Home Collection Service for Home Generated Special Materials on YouTube
- WM: How to Prepare for Collection of Your Materials
Eligible Items & Steps to Follow
Please visit the WM At Your Door website for a list of eligible items included in this program. Select the Residential option, enter your zip code and complete the information required. Once you have contacted WM At Your Door, you will receive an Information and Kit (PDF) you will receive. Simply read over the easy to follow instructions on how collection will be handled.
- Step 1: contact WM via website or phone.
- Step 2: if applicable, you will get a disposal kit in the mail. Kits are generally for HHW disposal. Read and follow instructions.
- Step 3: place materials outside, at your door, before 7 am on your specially assigned collection day
HHW/E-waste cannot be placed curbside ever!