This Department is primarily responsible for building, zoning, sign and fire prevention permit review, issuance and inspection. Key functions include enforcement of the commercial & residential building code(s), the property maintenance code, commercial fire & life safety inspections and responding to resident & business concerns.
Lower Macungie Township adopted the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code and will adhere to the 2018 International Codes, as well as the referenced standard ICC ANSI A117.1.2017 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities. Effective February 14, 2022.
Meet the Team
- Vince Tranguch, BCO - Deputy Community Development Director: Is the Township's designated Building Code Official and is responsible for managing and directing all Township building permit and inspection activity under the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code. Additionally, receiving and administering code complaints regarding property maintenance code violations, along with administering the proceedings of the Lower Macungie Township Building Code Board of Appeals. All inspection personnel have enforcement oversight under the Deputy Director. In addition, the Deputy Director acts as staff liaison to Township emergency service providers and the Township Emergency Management Organization.
- Robert Schwartz - Code Specialist II: Is one of the Township's Residential Building Inspectors and is responsible for building compliance with the UCC and inspection of construction relating to those permits. In addition, Robert also investigates and takes action on property maintenance complaints as received.
- James Farnsworth - Code Specialist II: Is one of the Township's Residential Building Inspectors and is responsible for reviewing applicable permits for compliance with the UCC and inspection of construction relating to those permits.
- Dev Kannan - Fire Inspector/Code Enforcement: Is responsible for commercial fire and life safety inspections, knox box program and administers the false fire alarm ordinance. In addition, Dev also investigates and takes action on property maintenance complaints as received.
- Maureen Lang - Permit Coordinator: Is responsible for the administration and processing of all forms and applications as it relates to zoning, residential and commercial permits along with coordination of the commercial fire and life safety inspection program administrative requirements.
- Kimberly Boyer - Permit Clerk: Is responsible for the administration and processing of all forms and applications as it relates to zoning, residential and commercial permits along with coordinating inspection scheduling for residential building permits. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>