Lower Macungie Township is excited to announce gymnasium membership and the return of open gym sessions!
Lower Macungie Township residents can purchase membership for only $10 for the calendar year. Create a recreation account for your household, then purchase membership for each person (2 years and younger are free and do not require membership). Non-residents of Lower Macungie Township residing in the East Penn School District may purchase gymnasium membership for $15. Please create a recreation account for your household, then come to the Community Center Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm to purchase with our staff.
Gymnasium Membership outlines the sessions and dates offered. Please check the schedule - it is subject to change.
- Purchase membership online in advance. Then visit the Community Center 3450 Brookside Rd. Macungie Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm with your photo ID. We also process membership card printing Saturdays 8am - 12 noon.
- Lower Macungie Township staff will take photos for all Adult, High School and Middle School membership cards.
- Preschool and elementary school members will not have photos on their membership cards.
- We understand your concerns with privacy and safety. Membership card and check-in ensures emergency contact information for all participants should the need arise.
Special events may alter availability. The gymnasium is subject to closure due to emergencies including but not limited to weather, equipment failure and maintenance, as well as staffing.
Adult Basketball (18 years and older)
Saturday 8am - 9:45am and Sunday 8am – 9:45am
Volleyball (18 years and older, 14-17 years with parent only)
Sunday 6:30pm-8:30pm (*SUMMER schedule subject to availability)
Walk n Talk (18 years and older)
Tuesday 8am - 10am and Thursday 8am - 10am
High School Basketball (14-18 years) GREEN STRIPE
Monday – Friday 3pm – 4:15pm
Middle School Basketball (11-13 years) YELLOW STRIPE (Parent Must Accompany Youth – sits on bleachers)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4:30pm - 5:30pm
Elementary School Basketball (6-10 years) RED STRIPE (Parent Must Accompany Youth – sits on bleachers)
Tuesday and Thursday 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Family Open Gym (infant to 15 years)
Interactive family play time (this is not a coach and team program). Parents and children infant-10 years are located in the front of the gym divider. Parents and children 10-15 years are located in the rear of the gym divider.
*Saturday 10am - 12 noon * Monday 1:30pm - 2:30pm *Thursday 10:30am - 11:30am
Members agree to the rules and regulations of the Lower Macungie Community Center and gymnasium. Lower Macungie Township reserves the right to remove participants, suspend and revoke membership depending upon the severity of the violation. Violations include but are not limited to:
- basketball net or rim hanging
- blatant disregard for facility rules
- disrespectful behavior toward staff
- profanity or abusive language
- bullying or physical aggression
- misuse or destruction of property
Membership suspension is 7-30 days. Membership will be revoked with 3 suspensions. Membership may also be revoked without previous suspensions, depending upon the severity of the violation. Suspended or revoked membership will not be refunded.
We look forward to seeing new and returning community members as we bring back this popular program.