Why are there spray-painted colored lines in the street? What is Pennsylvania One Call?

Whenever anyone is digging deeper than one foot in the ground, they are required to place a call to PA One Call. The call must be placed three days in advance (unless it is an emergency) and the dig area must be outlined, usually in white. Once the call is placed, every agency that has lines in that vicinity are required to go to the site and mark the locations of where their underground lines are in relation to the area to be excavated. Each agency marks in a different color. (i.e. sewers and drains in green, power lines in red, etc.) 

If you have any questions about a proposed dig in your area, call 800-242-1776 or visit PA One Call's website. Please note, home improvements on a weekend do not qualify as an emergency.

Show All Answers

1. Do you remove dead animals?
2. Who do I call for a live animal (not domesticated) concern?
3. Who do I call for lost and found domesticated animals?
4. What should I do if I think I see too many dead birds in my neighborhood?
5. Who can I contact for information about LMT Field Use availability?
6. Can I get further information regarding curbside seasonal grass and yard waste collections?
7. When do our new developments roadways become the responsibility of Lower Macungie Township?
8. Who can I report “farm odors” to?
9. Can I get information regarding LMT’s leaf collection?
10. What should I do if I am concerned about mosquitoes?
11. Why are there spray-painted colored lines in the street? What is Pennsylvania One Call?
12. Where can I get more information regarding the plowing of public roads?
13. How can I report potholes?
14. Is there a list I can review specific items for trash removal requirements and recycling options?
15. Where is my sanitary sewer curbside cleanout?
16. Who decides where a school bus stop is located?
17. Who can I call if I have a sewer problem?
18. When is street cleaning/sweeping done?
19. Where can I report a street light repair?
20. How do I report an existing street sign that is down or missing?
21. How do I submit a traffic control request?
22. How do you handle tree trimming?
23. What do I do about a dead or diseased tree?
24. Where can I submit a request for a bulk item or have a complaint about the Township's trash/recycling services?
25. Where can I review general trash and recycling disposal guidelines?
26. Where can I call to report water run-off from farm fields?
27. Who can I call to report a water main leak?
28. Who can I call to report a broken water shut-off cap?
29. Where can I go to get answers regarding the Yard Waste Recycling Center located at 5536 Indian Creek Road?
30. I have questions regarding our sanitary sewer. Where can I look for information?
31. Can you provide any information on the storm drains?
32. Where can I find information regarding curbside leaf collection?