- Parks and Facilities
Dog Park at Spring Creek Estates
- Dog Fountain
- Public Dog Park
Dog Park at Spring Creek Estates
The Lower Macungie Dog Park opened in October 2016 and has one area for small dogs and one area for large dogs. The park is open to both residents and non-residents free of charge. Please follow rules posted at the park and help us keep this park clean by picking up after your dog and taking any trash with you when you leave.
The park was constructed with funding from Lower Macungie Township and private donations from Friends of Lower Macungie Dog Park, an all-volunteer group of community members that had the desire to bring a dog park to Lower Macungie. In working with Township staff and the Park and Recreation Board, Spring Creek Estates Park was chosen for the location of the dog park and approved by the Board of Commissioners.
All Township parks are open from sunrise to sunset.
Parking & Access
The parking lot entrance is located at the intersection of Goor Street and Danner Road. Please use this parking lot and do not park in the apartment complex adjacent to the park. The apartment complex is a private community and happens to also be pet free. We appreciate everyone's understanding.
Dog Park Rules and Regulations
- Dog Park hours: Open dawn to dusk.
- The dog park is for dogs, their handlers, and those accompanying them. No other use of the dog park is permitted.
- Use of the dog park is at your own risk. Each owner is solely responsible for their and their dog's actions and assumes all liability for damages suffered by any person or dog injured by the member or the member's dog(s) while utilizing the dog park.
- No smoking, alcoholic beverages, food, or glass containers are permitted in the dog park.
- Members are prohibited from bringing dog food and treats into the dog park.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Dogs are to remain leashed outside of the dog park, as well as when entering and exiting the dog park. Members must keep the leash in their possession at all times while using the dog park.
- The dog park is divided into separate fenced-in areas. Dogs weighing less than 30 lbs. must use the Small Dog area. Dogs weighing over 30 lbs. must use the Large Dog Area.
- Dogs less than 4 months of age, unneutered male dogs, female dogs in season, and aggressive dogs are not permitted in the dog park.
- Members are required to clean up after their dog(s). All waste must be bagged and disposed of properly in the marked receptacles.
- Members must accompany and monitor their dog(s) who must be in view of and under voice command of their handlers at all times.
- Members must leash their dog(s) and exit the dog park if their dog(s) is/are acting aggressively towards people or other dogs.
- No more than two dogs per member are permitted at one time.
- Members are responsible to ensure their dog(s) do not dig holes or cause other damage to park plants or property.
- All dogs entering the dog park must be up to date on rabies and bordatella vaccines, and must wear a collar displaying their rabies tag and dog license as required by Pennsylvania law. Dogs with contagious health conditions are not permitted in the park.
- There will be regular maintenance of the grass and landscaping by the Township. This includes but is not limited to mowing, grounds rehabilitation and structural repair/replacement. During those times when structural or ground repairs are made, the park will be closed. Advance notice of dog park closures will be posted on the township website. During the short intervals of mowing operations within the fenced areas, you are required to leave the enclosed areas until the mowing is completed.
Questions or Concerns
Feel free to email or call (610-966-4343 x117) our Public Works Department with any questions or concerns.